This neoclassical home, designed by architects Christian A. Asmus and Richard R. Clark, was built in 1929 for F.J. McCarthy and his wife Mary Byrd McCarthy. The original plans for the residence drawn on linen cloth reside in the Tennessee State Archives. Mr. & Mrs. Edwin Wilson Craig acquired the property in 1932 and their daughter Margaret Ann Craig Robinson and her husband took up residence in 1987.
The interior was designed by A. Herbert Rogers and his apprentice Albert Hadley, a native Nashvillian who went on to become a partner in the premier New York design firm of Parish Hadley.
The residence and garden were remodeled and expanded in 1988 by architect Stephen Rick and landscape architect Ben Page.
4.93 acres, 214,831 square feet
5 bedrooms, 4 full baths, 1 half bath, 5 fireplaces,
Elevator, full basement, attic is fully floored, easily accessed and includes a large cedar closet
Pool house includes a one-bedroom apartment complete with kitchen and laundry, a screened porch, and sizable potting room.
Square Footage Finished
- First FL 4,292
- Second FL 2,793
- Pool House Apt 472