I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg
I enjoyed Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café, both the novel and the movie, but I find most of Fannie Flagg’s books too Hee Haw! But in a moment of weakness, I picked up I Still Dream About You (2010). The ending is a bit too pat, but along the way this novel is a lot of fun.
I especially appreciated the list of the advantages of old age compiled by the lead character, former Miss Alabama Maggie Fortenberry:
- You are still alive!
- Senior discounts up the kazoo
- No more high heels
- You don’t have to be nice
- You can say what you think
- You still don’t have to watch the news
- You can watch Turner Classic movies all night
- You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to
- You are still alive!!
I Still Dream About You is a charming beach/airplane novel!