The members of the NCN Book Club are serious readers, and our reading selections lean heavily to gritty, often lengthy nonfiction!
This year at our annual book selection gathering, several members agitated for more fiction choices! So, for 2020- seven fiction selections, four nonfiction, among them the winner of the 2018 Man Booker Prize, a memoir from a pioneering African American female journalist, and Margaret Atwood’s latest. Read along with us!
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates (NF)
- Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue (F)
- Trailblazer by Dorothy Butler Gilliam (NF)
- Milkman by Anna Burns (F)
- Warlight by Michael Ondaatj (F)
- Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson (F)
- When a Toy Dog Became a Wolf and the Moon Broke Curfew by Hendrika DeVries (NF)
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (F)
- Five Days Gone: The Mystery of My Mother’s Disappearance as a Child by Laura Cumming (NF)
- There There by Tommy Orange (F)
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett (F)